Search Engine Optimization is the process of raising the visitors by attaining a high position or ranking in search results. It is necessary to be on first page as people rarely pass a look on second or third page of search results for a particular keyword. To achieve this higher rank on the first page, you need to optimize your site according to the Google algorithms. Here are some of the ways to optimize your site:
- Choose the right keywords: Choosing the right keywords is a basic thing to optimize your site. You must pick the keywords that are specific. For example, if you are a freelancer and provides web development services, then your keywords would be web development services Australia. Research keywords which will probably be searched for most of the time.
- Focus on the content: Content is the king of all. Solid content attract the visitors, therefore your content must be pretty and must make sense to the reader. Your content must fulfill the need of readers. Your content must appeal to people, so that they come to visit it again and again to extract and gain more information.
- Create relevant page titles: The text displayed on title bar is the most important element among all the elements of a page. The title must be unique and consists of appropriate keywords. Don’t try to make the title tag too lengthy, it must be up to 60 characters.
- Optimize the page structure: Position of side bars, layouts vary. It is best to put your main content in the body tag. If you want to place any other element before the content, make use of CSS to position it. Footers are the best places to put links for other pages. Therefore, don’t miss the footer for placing links to popular or recent posts. Also don’t try to make it a link farm (with too many links).
- Create proper links: While creating the links, try to avoid read more text as it is not SEO friendly. Try to add a part of title to the anchor text. For instance, instead of read more use read more about SEO techniques.
- Internal linking: If the number of pages is small, then you can just put them up on navigation bar. If there are large number of pages in your site, then put all of them on the navigation bar and make links on one page for the other page within your site.
- Make your site accessible: Design your site with mind. Include alt attribute for all the images on your site. If possible include appropriate keywords in alt text. Search robots can’t look at the picture and is not able to decide whether it is suitable or not. But the relevant keywords will make it possible for robots to make the decision. Keep the keywords to the point and simple.
- Avoid duplicate content: Don’t have the same content on every page. The content on your site must not be duplicated as Google is very strict about duplicate content.
- Avoid black hat techniques: Don’t try to cheat as you will be caught by Google and Google will kick you out and you will not be able to get your site listed again.
After this, you have done each and every thing possible now you just wait and watch results for it. Now the only thing you can do is that you can create a unique and quality content and be patient as the ranking will not increase in one night. For applying all these techniques, you can hire SEO services. A SEO company offers all the SEO services as they employ the professionals in this field.
I am Joseph Working with SEO RANK SMART. SEO RANK SMART is the leading internet marketing company provide best Web Development Services, Web Design Services and Smo Services to Its clients.