Photo by Jeremy Keith/ Flickr
Are you needing to find high quality freelance writers? They’re actually pretty rare, but we have ten different places you can find them. If you know where to look, this is only half the battle. For the really good writers, you’re going to need to make sure you pay them well so that they stick around and you don’t end up looking for other writers. To help, we have a list of ten haunts for writers that will rock your world with words.
10 Places to Find Good Writers
Here’s a quick list of the fifteen best places to find quality writers.
- Library – You don’t want to go up to strangers and talk to them, of course, but if you have a well designed flier, you may be able to attract good writers who are relaxing or researching at the library.
- Coffee Shops – This is another place where you can find writers hanging out. You’ll need to separate the good from the bad, but if you get to know them personally you can tell fairly easily.
- Online Blogs – What better way to find a writer that’s good than to read their personal blog. After you find one, just reach out to them with an email and see if they want to work for you.
- Online Forums – Another great place to find writers online is to visit the forums where they hang out – usually with a lot of other writers or readers. By reading their posts, you’ll be able to find out which ones are good.
- Content Mills – Occasionally you’ll be able to find good writers working with one of the many content mills like TextBroker.com.
- Job Boards – You can also put an ad up on a general job listing board to try to attract some writers.
- Craigslist – You may not find a lot of good writers this way, but you never know. If you list an ad on Craigslist, there’s a good chance you’re going to be overwhelmed with responses to be careful.
- Freelance Sites – Websites that are dedicated to freelancers is another good option for finding quality writers.
- The Local Tavern – This can be difficult to do consistently, but you can occasionally find great writers hanging out at the local bar. Approaching them and hiring them is another story entirely.
- Guest Bloggers – If you have a blog or website, put up a page saying that you are looking for guest bloggers to write. This will attract a ton of writers usually, so all you have to do is read their work and choose the best ones.
Using any of the ideas above, you should be able to find quite a few quality freelance writers easily. If this doesn’t work for you, then you might try obtaining a diploma of tourism and go another route with your career. Choosing the right path is entirely up to you. Hiring other writers to work for you can allow you to grow a business online, one that can support you and them. You just need to make sure you find the highest quality writers.
Toni Meadows is a retired Business professor who now blogs about education and it’s importance in society. He has visited several colleges in Melbourne and has written his observations on business courses and opinions about each one.